Situations When you Might Need the Services of a Lawyer
We all need the services of a legal expert at some time or another; we are governed by clear and precise laws and there are many scenarios when a person would need the services of a lawyer. As you would expect, there are many specialised fields within the legal sector and here are just a few of the situations when you would be well advised to seek out the services of a specialist lawyer.
- Setting Up a Business – Regardless of your chosen sector, you are advised to talk to a business lawyer, who can advise you regarding business registration, taxation and commercial property leasing.
- Making a Will – If you would like to draw up a Last Will & Testament, the family lawyer is the person to contact. If you live in Parramatta, talk to CK Lawyers, family lawyers with extensive experience in helping people to make a will.
- Contesting a Will – You might have been promised a car or a piece of land by a relative and when their will is read out, you are not mentioned. In such a case, it might be possible for you to contest the will; talk to a family lawyer and when you explain the situation, they can tell you how you would stand if you were to contest the will.
- Getting Married – Many couples enter into a binding financial agreement prior to the wedding; this is also known as a ‘prenuptial agreement’ and it enables both parties to agree on the division of assets should the relationship come to an end.
- Divorce & Separation – This is another time when you need legal advice; there’s no replays with a divorce and without legal advice, you could end up at a serious disadvantage. There are many aspects to take into account, especially if there are children involved and rather than waste the Family Court’s time, it is normal for both party’s lawyers to come to an agreement.
- Buying Real Estate – This can’t be done without the services of a conveyancing lawyer, who specialises in this complex field and they ensure that the legal aspect of the transaction is as it should be.
- Domestic Violence – The pandemic has made domestic violence even more of a problem than it was and if you are a victim, contact a family lawyer who can help you take out a court order, prohibiting that person from making any sort of contact with you. The laws are very clear-cut regarding domestic violence and any person who is submitted to violence of any sort should immediately contact a lawyer and take photos of any injuries sustained in the attack.
As you can see, there are many occasions when a person might need the services of a lawyer and with a Google search, you can quickly source legal assistance.